Sometimes, you might want to change the date of a particular Data Collection session, such as if you accidentally collected data on the wrong date. Or perhaps you need to erase an entire session which had been entered in error. The administrative tool Change Study Session Date makes both of these possible. Here’s how to use it:
1. From the main menu, press Administrative Tools. Note: You will only be able to utilize these tools if you have the admin role enabled for your user profile.
2. Find the Change Study Session Date tool and press [Start].
3. Choose the study for which you want the date changed from the drop-down menu.
4. Once you have selected a study, you can see each session for which data has been collected for that study. From here, you can enter a new session date or also delete sessions. First, we’ll change the date for a session. To do this, highlight the session you want to alter and write a new date under the New Time column. When you’ve finished, press [Apply], then [Close] and the change will be applied.
5. If you open that study in Review Data, you can see the change was applied: the study date is now Day 13 rather than Day 14.
As you can see, the date was successfully changed. However, there is a study date that starts far outside the study timeline, which should probably be deleted.
6. If we return to the Change Study Session Date Tool, this date can be easily deleted. Select the study again from the menu and then check the box under the delete column for that session date. Press [Apply] and [Close] and the session date will be deleted.
7. When the study is viewed in Review Data, you can see the date has been deleted.
How to Use the Costing Tool
The Costing Tool allows you to generate the estimated costs of conducting a study as well as the cost of the various tasks completed in the study. You can use this to see the potential costs of operating a new study that you have created or review ...
How Do I Create a New Study?
DIRECTIONS 1. There are several ways to create a new study from the Studies menu: - press New, - right-click anywhere on the Studies list and select New Study, or - press CTRL+N. 2. When the "Select Study Design" dialog box is opened, select ...
How to Group Articles in Data Collection
On the Data Collection screen, all articles are shown separately by default. However, you might want to consolidate the articles in a study for quicker collection. Here’s how to do that: 1. Each article has its own column and the animals that are not ...
How to Submit and Process Change Requests
Occasionally, a study may be in need of revision. A reviewer might submit a Change Request detailing the issues which need to be resolved. Here’s how to open a Change Request: 1. In the Studies menu, click on the study you want and then press [Edit]. ...
How Can I View Previous Measurements in Data Collection? (V3)
When collecting data, it can be helpful to view a task’s previous measurements in order to track its progress over time. Here’s how to do that: 1. In Data Collection, press [Tools] > Collected Measurements > (Whichever task you wish to view). 2. In ...